Monday, April 9, 2012

BMP-2 project; episode 1: introduction...


When I had seen this vehicle for the first time, I said myself I had to build one of them. It's shape and camouflage types were really turned me on.

I made a little search about the kits of BMP-2 that I could buy. In other modelling forums it was being said that Dragon/Revell and Zvezda kits are all same molded.There was no difference. So I got this oldie Dragon model from one of my modeller friend. To be honest when I went for deeper detail of real vehicle, I realized that this kit is oldie but not goldie one. There are miss angled side skirts, misslocated hatches, size mistakes etc. I bought resin wheels and tracks from Master Club, detail set from  Eduard and gun barrel from JB model. I want to finish it as real as possible I can. I hope it worths.. :)

Here are the kit and the details parts...


I want to share some photos from detailing parts.. First wheels from masterclub..


 

Wheels are really hightly detailed but need to be cleaned..





Comparison of the resin wheel with the one coming from kit.. Obviously resin is much better...


As Master Club tracks are different then kit tracks, they come with its special wheels..There are 200 track links, 2 drive sprockets and 4 special spare tracks for upper hull..



 
                            

 Comparison of kit tracks and Master Club tracks.. There are even their numbers (serial numbers??) on resin tracks.

Most important benefit of these resin tracks are, they are clickable ( no need glue) and almost no need for cleaning whereas each kit tracks have pin mark which need to be cleaned..

                                             
Now Im busy with tracks and lower hull. In next episode lower hull will be finished and started to upper hull..

Keep following...

No comments:

Post a Comment